Utility Assistance Program - Couple Paying Utility Bills


The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides one-time financial assistance to help balance an eligible household's utility bill.


  LIHEAP Mail-In English LIHEAP Mail-In Spanish SHARE English


What is LIHWAP?              ¿Qué es LIHWAP?

Applications for the Low Income Household Water Assistant Program (LIHWAP) will be available beginning June 1, 2022.


Need help paying your energy bill? The utility assistance program is a one-time assistance program that helps low and moderate-income individuals and families with utility payment assistance. Funding for the program is provided by the federal LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) and the City of Riverside SHARE (Sharing Households Assist Riverside’s Energy).


Low-income Californians can apply for heating and cooling assistance under the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. You may be eligible for this program if you are a resident of Riverside County and your household’s income is at or below 60% of the state median income.  If your household earns less than the amount listed below, you are eligible. If your household earns more than the amount listed for your household size, you are not eligible.


LIHEAP Income Eligibility Chart


Customer Documents2