No Cost Weatherization Services
A certified Energy Inspector will visit you for a thorough inspection to assess the needs of your home. The Inspector will then design, within the program's constraints, a customized set of conservation measures. CAP will make the needed improvements, at no cost to you.
Low-income residents pay a large percentage of their income to heat and cool their homes.
· Lowers heating and cooling costs
· Makes your home more energy efficient
· Makes your home safer and healthier
Typical Weatherization Work
The following are examples of what can be included in weatherizing your home:
Since its beginning in 1979, the Community Action Weatherization program has been helping low-income households across the county make their homes more energy efficient and reduce their energy costs. Necessary conservation improvements are made at no cost to eligible households.
- Sealing drafts and air leaks
- Improving the efficiency of your heating system
- Adding insulation
- Identifying indoor air quality problems
- Installing other energy-saving devices
- Low-flow shower heads
- Hot water heater tank blankets
- Pipe wrap
Weatherization application can be found on the "Forms" tab or by Clicking here.